Varied Print Exchange & Exhibition Call for Entry
Proposals are open to local, regional, and international printmakers! Fill out the proposal below to be considered for "misc.". This exchange will feature a grab bag style of prints. All of the prints should have a consistent printed element, however, participants are encouraged to use a variety of ink colors, paper colors, composition changes, and hand embellishments to make each print a unique and individual print in a suite of 13.
- 11 in. x 15 in. Paper Size - Maximum Image Size 11 in. x 15 in.
- Edition of 13 prints, traditional and new media printmaking techniques will be accepted, no digital reproductions will be allowed. All prints should have a varied element of some sort.
- Theme: Misc. - if chosen for the exchange, the artist will interpret the theme Misc. in whichever way they choose (ex: any form of content in which the prints physical attributes can be altered to make each individual) to create a suite of prints for a print exchange of 12 artists resulting in an exhibition hosted by Bend Gallery in Grand Rapids, Michigan. One print portfolio will be archived in the permanent collection at Bend Gallery. The artist is responsible for the shipping costs or delivery of the prints to the gallery. The gallery will cover the costs to return the final exchange portfolio to the artist. All prints shall be interleaved with 11 in. x 15 in. glassine sheets for archival preservation.
- Regarding the work in the exhibition, the artist is responsible for delivering their entire portfolio of 13 prints to the gallery as all the prints will be displayed in each artists suite, The artist must also coordinate with the gallery to ensure the exhibition fee ($15) is paid.
- Deadline for entry - October 2 at midnight
- Accepted artists will be announced October 9
- Exchange portfolio due at the gallery by November 16
- Exhibition Details: Proposed Date December 1st
- 12 printmakers will be accepted for a total of 12 participants. The final number of prints in the edition is 13. One print will be archived in the galleries permenant collection.
- To apply, fill out the form below and send 3 example images of past print works to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as "MISC. Submission - First Name Last Name". Your submission will not be considered complete until the form below has been filled and submitted and photos of past works have been sent to the above email address.
- Photo specifications: JPEG format, File Name (LastName_FirstName_Title.JPG), no larger than 1000 pixels on largest side, 300 DPI or smaller.
40 S. Division Ave
Grand Rapids, MI, 49503