Gallery & Exhibition Details
Sliding Fee Scale & Services Provided
Part of Bend Gallery's mission is to keep affordable options available for exhibiting work in Grand Rapids. The following breakdown of price is intended to allow the artist(s) a choice in what they want to do themselves, or what they want to pay to have the curator prepare the space. All tasks done by the artist(s) if they chose to forgo the costs to have the curator prepare the exhibition must be communicated and agreed upon with the curator per an exhibition contract beforehand.
BASE FEE - Required - $75 flat for (1-4) artists, $100 flat for (5-8 artists), $125 for (9+ artists)
- This fee covers basic patching and painting materials, gallery provided hanging hardware, social media promotion, and our labor to clean, prepare & repair the gallery.
- This fee is not optional.
HANGING FEE - Optional - $35+ Included in this fee:
- This add-on option ensures that the hanging work is to be completed by the gallery. With this option the artist(s) can assist in the hanging but they are not required to. The gallery will also include a crash course training in hanging artwork if the artist(s) wish to learn.
- Hanging, labels, vinyl application, pedestal prep, and lighting will be completed by the curator. Special installations can also be included in this option.
- Accurate pricing depends on the work being hung. Contact the gallery for an estimate.
SIGNAGE - Optional - $10+ Included in this fee:
- This add-on option allows the gallery to create vinyl and any additional signage that is necessary. The gallery can create the vinyl or can use the file created by the artist, and further cut, weed, and apply the vinyl to the designated areas. The fee is based off the estimate of the signage. Contact the gallery to get an accurate estimate.
POSTCARDS - Optional - $20+ Included in this fee:
- This add-on option allows the gallery to order postcards for marketing purposes. The gallery will either create the postcards with the approval from the artist(s) or will use the artist(s) artwork for design. The gallery will also distribute the postcards to a variety of marketing locations in Downtown Grand Rapids. The fee is based off the estimate of the postcards through VistaPrint. Contact the gallery to get an accurate estimate.
Gallery Floor Plan
Attached is the gallery floor plan with measurements and angle layouts of the space. This floor plan can be used to plan how much work can fit within the space when writing a proposal.
- 5 Pedestals (24x24x36, 20x20x36, 17.5x17.5x22.5, 14x14x46, 13.5x13.5x40)
- Track Lighting and Speciality Clamp Lighting
- Electrical Outlets
- Extension Cords - Variety of Sizes
- Speaker - AUX plug in
- Label Materials, Vinyl Materials, Business Card Holders
- Hanging Supplies