APPLY TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN UPCOMING SHOW
Applications are open to local, regional, and international artists!
- 10 in. x 10 in. Paper Size - Maximum Image Size 10 in. x 10 in.
- Edition of 13 prints, traditional and new media printmaking techniques will be accepted, no digital reproductions will be allowed.
- Theme: Patterns - if chosen for the exchange, the artist will interpret the theme Patterns in whichever way they choose (ex: decorative patterns, patterns of behavior, etc.) to create an editioned suite of prints for a print exchange of 12 artists resulting in an exhibition hosted by Bend Gallery in Grand Rapids, Michigan. One print portfolio will be archived in the permanent collection at Bend Gallery. The artist is responsible for the shipping costs or delivery of the prints to the gallery. The gallery will cover the costs to return the final exchange portfolio to the artist. All prints shall be interleaved with 10 in. x 10 in. glassine sheets for archival preservation.
- Regarding the work in the exhibition, the artist is responsible for preparing one of their prints to be displayed in the exhibition, and to coordinate with the gallery to ensure the exhibition fee ($15) is paid and the work is ready to hang by gallery standards. The artist is also responsible for shipping costs or delivery of work to the gallery and return costs after the exhibition. The artist can either include a pre-paid return shipping label upon delivery of work, or can coordinate with the gallery through paypal to cover return shipping or delivery costs of the work to be exhibited.
- Deadline for entry - May 29 at midnight
- Accepted artists will be announced June 5
- Exchange portfolio and framed work due July 17
- Exhibition Details: Proposed Date (TBD) August 4
- 10 printmakers will be accepted in addition to the curators for a total of 12 participants. The final number of prints in the edition is 13. One print will be archived in the galleries permenant collection.
- To apply, fill out the form below and send 3 example images of past print works to email@example.com with the subject as "Patterns Submission - First Name Last Name". Your submission will not be considered complete until the form below has been filled and submitted and photos of past works have been sent to the above email address.
- Photo specifications: JPEG format, File Name (LastName_FirstName_Title.JPG), no larger than 1000 pixels on largest side, 300 DPI or smaller.